Course Length: 4 hours
This course is designed to familiarize workers with the history and nature of these potentially dangerous elements. It will also alert students to recognize the health effects from exposure, and introduce them to the necessary engineering controls, work practices, and required personal protective equipment.
This course is designed for employees who may be working near an area where asbestos, lead, silica, and mercury are present. Note: This course is not intended for asbestos removal. All employees, especially construction workers and supervisors who are potentially exposed to these materials should take this course.
The course topics include:
- Background, history, and use of asbestos, lead, and silica
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Health Effects
- Introduction to related OSHA Standards
- Worker’s Lead Protection Program
- The history of silica and the medical aspects of silica exposure
- Identifying worker populations that are at risk to silica exposure
- Identify the tasks that create asbestos, lead, mercury, and silica exposure
- Engineering and Work practice controls
- Respiratory protection hazard control measures
- Exposure Monitoring
- Recordkeeping requirements
Contact Cade for our current Asbestos/Lead Awareness Training schedule, prices, and group rates.
Fill out the form below or call (253) 922-2787